BECOME A MEMBER
WAFA membership is an annual membership and based on the day you become a member, with your membership renewal due 4 weeks before membership expiry.
Please note: we have been receiving reports that some of our correspondence is being sent to members’ spam folders; this is mainly due to the use of work email addresses and tougher filters being applied by those (especially government organisation email addresses).
To ensure you are receiving all of our correspondence, including our monthly newsletters and your membership renewal notice, we suggest using a personal email address (where available) when signing up. We thank you for your support and understanding!
Note From the 1st of January 2023 WAFA will be registering for the GST that along with an increase in the cost of operating means that for the first time in around 10 years the price of memberships will be increasing.
From the 1/1/2023
The annual WAFA Individual Membership fee is $25 including GST.
The annual WAFA Organisational membership fees are based on the size of your workforce:
- 1 — 49 staff and/or volunteers — $300 + GST
- 50 — 499 staff and/or volunteers — $600 + GST
- 500+ staff and/or volunteers — $900 + GST
Please note — Organisational membership does not include individual memberships for your workforce.
Contact WAFA Admin for more information.
Please note that upon signing up you will receive an automated email with the payment options. Only once your payment has been received will your account be activated.
Our organisation was started to help promote and support women in firefighting. Becoming a member allows you to embrace the opportunities, knowledge and experience that the WAFA team have to offer.
The WAFA Board is made up of both women and men from the firefighting and emergency services industries from across Australasia. They are all volunteers, who are passionate about women in firefighting and the ability to support not only individuals but organisations that have women on their teams.
Becoming an organisational member demonstrates your agency’s commitment to women within your organisation. Being a WAFA organisational member will showcase your determination to facilitate change and promote diversity and support women within the firefighting and emergency service industries.
WAFA provides your organisation:
- A portal to link to your organisation’s website, increasing your ability to attract female firefighters and support staff.
- Availability to promote your organisation by submitting articles to the quarterly newsletter, which is sent out to all our members and our international sister organisations.
- The opportunity to be a Gold, Silver or Bronze Sponsor of the bi-annual WAFA Conference, giving your staff access to up to 12 discounted conference packages to promote their leadership and growth.
- A professional organisation to assist your staff with common issues, through a private on-line forum available to our members.
- Access to mentoring through our experienced Board and other trained members.
Sign up as an Organisation Now
Becoming an individual member offers you a networking, support and mentoring tool for you to access as frequently as required.
WAFA provides you:
- Discounted annual conference rates
- On-line members only forum to discuss issues
- Mentoring program
- Information about jobs, research, and other organisations
- Access to fitness testing assistance
- Personal log-in details
- Quarterly newsletter
Sign up as an Individual Now
Our enthusiastic board is in place and we are working on some great new projects including:
- Promoting membership as an active and engaged pursuit.
- What can YOU do for Australia’s only National Women and Firefighting organisation?
- How can we together make this a relevant, engaged and interesting network?
- Planning our 2023 conference in Brisbane
- If you have any thoughts on what you would like to see, or what you can add to the 2023 line up then please let us know.
- WAFA Mentoring Program.
- An online mentoring program aimed at linking aspiring firefighters with experienced industry professionals
Please contact us if you believe you can contribute to any of the above, any assistance is always really appreciated!
Click here for more information about membership types.