BECOME A MEMBER
WAFA membership is an annual membership and based on the day you become a member, with your membership renewal due 4 weeks before membership expiry.
The annual WAFA Individual Membership fee is $20.
The annual WAFA Organisational membership fees are as follows:
- 1 — 49 members — $200
- 50 — 499 members — $500
- 500+ members — $800
Contact WAFA Admin for more information.
Our organisation was started to help promote and support women in firefighting. Becoming a member allows you to embrace the opportunities, knowledge and experience that the WAFA team have to offer.
The WAFA Board is made up of both women and men from the firefighting and emergency services industries from across Australasia. They are all volunteers, who are passionate about women in firefighting and the ability to support not only individuals but organisations that have women on their teams.
Becoming an organisational member demonstrates your agency’s commitment to women within your organisation. Being a WAFA organisational member will showcase your determination to facilitate change and promote diversity and support women within the firefighting and emergency service industries.
WAFA provides your organisation:
- A portal to link to your organisation’s website, increasing your ability to attract female firefighters and support staff.
- Availability to promote your organisation by submitting articles to the quarterly newsletter, which is sent out to all our members and our international sister organisations.
- Up to 6 discounted conference packages for your staff to attend bi-annual WAFA conference to promote leadership and growth in your staff.
- A professional organisation to assist your staff with common issues, through a private on-line forum available to our members.
- Access to mentoring through our experienced Board and other trained members.
Becoming an individual member offers you a networking, support and mentoring tool for you to access as frequently as required.
WAFA provides you:
- Discounted annual conference rates
- On-line members only forum to discuss issues
- Mentoring program
- Information about jobs, research, and other organisations
- Access to fitness testing assistance
- Personal log-in details
- Quarterly newsletter
A new, enthusiastic board is in place and we are working on some great new projects including:
- Promoting membership as an active and engaged pursuit.
- What can YOU do for Australia’s only National Women and Firefighting organisation?
- How can we together make this a relevant, engaged and interesting network?
- Planning our 2018 conference in Wellington NZ
- If you have any thoughts on what you would like to see, or what you can add to the 2018 line up then please let us know.
- WAFA Mentoring Program.
- An online mentoring program aimed at linking aspiring firefighters with experienced industry professionals.
Please contact us if you believe you can contribute to any of the above, any assistance is always really appreciated!