Nominations now open for the 2020 WAFA Conference Awards
WAFA loves to celebrate the achievements of our members and the great organisations that support us. Nominations are now open for the WAFA 2020 Awards for the following categories:
Outstanding Contribution by a Female Firefighter
This award is designed to show the appreciation, dedication and congratulations to a woman working in the Fire and Emergency Services industry who has:
• demonstrated consistent leadership;
• encouraged and supported the development of women;
• been an inspirational role model;
• given selflessly of themselves in support of their community; or
• shown unwavering dedication to our industry.
Youth Leadership Award
This award recognises a young woman (16−20 years) who is a volunteer in the fire and emergency services industry who has demonstrated strong and consistent leadership and a commitment to the safety of their community.
Male Champion Award
Without our male colleagues supporting and encouraging us, our ability to influence the industry would be a lot harder. This award recognises a male champion within our industry who has:
• consistently mentored and coached women;
• created, provided and actively promoted a work environment that supports the inclusion of women; or
• consistently advocated for diversity and inclusion within their organisation or the industry as a whole.
Member Organisation ‘Diversity, Fairness and Inclusion’ award
WAFA recognises that all organisations are striving to be proactive in the Diversity and Inclusion space. This award recognises an organisation’s effort and dedication to diversity and inclusion through programs and initiatives which have produced tangible results.
Award nominations are due by COB Friday May 22, 2020 and will be presented at the Conference Gala Dinner. To make a nomination, please click here.
Each entry must:
• Be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the link above.
• Provide sufficient information and supporting evidence to clearly explain the intention and scope of the achievement and the nomination
WAFA Awards are open to individuals and fire industry organisations.
• The Awards are about recognising success through leadership. Enter the Awards to acknowledge a colleague, organisation or initiative.
• Use the submission process to profile your colleague, organisation or initiative to highlight what success through leadership looks like.
• Benchmark your nomination against other credible individuals, organisations and initiatives.
• An individual, organisation and initiative will benefit from the exposure generated by the Awards which will boost their profile.
• Use the prestige of nominating and winning an award in your marketing and collateral to further promote your organisation’s credibility.
• A rewarding experience for your colleagues and organisation to know that they are part of a successful and inclusive team.
• Nominate your staff for individual awards to recognise their personal success and achievements.
• The WAFA Board will judge each category.
• The judges may, at their sole discretion, make inquiries or request additional information to verify or confirm any aspect of any entry. Notwithstanding, it is the responsibility of each nominee to ensure that their entry provides sufficient information and supporting evidence to enable a complete assessment to be made.
• Where there are sufficient numbers of entries in a category, the judges may at their sole discretion choose a runner-up and / or highly commend one or more nominees
• If in the opinion of the judges there is no nomination of a sufficient standard to warrant an award in a category, the judges may decline to make an award in that category, or may commend an entry without announcing it as the winner.
• The decision of the judges is final.