The call for Abstracts and Award Nominations for the 2020 WAFA Conference is now open.
The overall theme for the conference is 2020 Vision | Developing the picture;
we are inviting abstracts to be submitted which reflect our theme specifically:
- Volunteering – recruiting, retaining and promoting female volunteering: challenges, and innovative solutions
- Broadening Horizons – Diversity, beyond women. Success stories, approaches, and lessons learned. We particularly encourage abstracts around programs that are targeted at improving diversity and inclusion in the CALD and LGBTIQ communities.
- Women in disaster – We particularly encourage abstracts from the 2019 – 2020 fire season. These may be from the perspective of programs targeted at women and children in disaster, or of experiences and lessons learned from a firefighting perspective.
- Physical fitness and injury
- A new picture – inspiring young women to consider firefighting
- Beyond “Lean in” – innovative solutions to barriers in recruitment, retention, and promotion of women in firefighting