2016 Award Winners
Outstanding Contribution by a Female Firefighter: Donna Wheatley MFB
This award is designed to show the appreciation, dedication and congratulations to a woman working in the Fire and Emergency Services industry who has:
• demonstrated consistent leadership;
• encouraged and supported the development of women;
• been an inspirational role model;
• given selflessly of themselves in support of their community; or
• shown unwavering dedication to our industry.
Youth Leadership Award 2018: — QFES
This award recognises a young woman (16−20 years) who is a volunteer in the fire and emergency services industry who has demonstrated strong and consistent leadership and a commitment to the safety of their community.
Male Champion Award: Michael Morgan- SAMFS &
Without our male colleagues supporting and encouraging us, our ability to influence the industry would be a lot harder. This award recognises a male champion within our industry who has:
• consistently mentored and coached women;
• created, provided and actively promoted a work environment that supports the inclusion of women; or
• consistently advocated for diversity and inclusion within their organisation or the industry as a whole.
Member Organisation ‘Diversity, Fairness and Inclusion’ award: South Australian Metropolitan Fire Service
WAFA recognises that all organisations are striving to be proactive in the Diversity and Inclusion space. This award recognises an organisation’s effort and dedication to diversity
and inclusion through programs and initiatives that have produced tangible results.